Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Rebecca In The Hospital

Wow! Its been such a long time since I've posted anything! We have had a lot go on, but I'll have to update about that later. Last Saturday, August 11, Rebecca woke up with a fever. The fever kept going back and forth between going way down and going way up. The missionaries came over for dinner around 5:30, which Rebecca slept through, then left around 6:15. Rebecca woke up after they left and we gave her some tylenol because her fever was way up. Then Aaron and Rebecca were reading a story on the love sac when Anson bumped Rebecca's neck. Aaron looked at it and there was a huge bump sticking out of the side of her neck - about the size of a golf ball. We immediately got our things together and rushed out to the car to go to the emergency room. We went to Banner Desert and got there just after 7:00. We waited until about 11:30 when we finally saw the emergency room doctor. He ordered blood tests and a CT Scan to see what was inside of the bump. The blood tests were normal, but the CT Scan showed pus inside. They admitted her to the pediatric wing of the hospital at around 5:30 in the morning. An ear, nose and throat specialist saw her in the morning and performed surgery around 10:30 that morning to drain the pus. They grew the bacteria that was in the pus and found that it was a staph infection. We are not sure how she got it. She was in the hospital until Wednesday morning. We went to the specialist's office this morning to get the stitches out.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Hey Andrea,

That sounds very very scary! I hate hospital trips they are never fun (unless you are having a baby:) ) Hope she is doing better.

I love blogging. It is so fun to be able to keep in touch with everybody. It looks like you guys are doing good minus your hospital visit.

Amber

Brad and Whitney said...

Wow! That's insane Andrea! I'm so sorry little Rebecca had to go through all that! Hope she's doing well now!

Whitney

Kylie said...

Hi! You probably don't know who I am, but I was friends with Aaron in high school and just happened to see your name on someone elses blog-so I thought I would say hi! Your family is so cute!