Friday, December 7, 2007

Rebecca's 3rd Birthday Party

For Rebecca's 3rd birthday, we had a Jojo Circus Party at our house. We decorated with balloons and streamers in the Living Room to make it look like a Big Top, and we also hung some in the kitchen and family room. We invited all of Rebecca's cousins (Lily, Emma, Tate, Alana, and Peter) and 2 friends from our ward (Lucy and Nathan). We also had 2 grandmas, 5 aunts, 2 uncles, Aaron and I, and 1 other mom there. I was a little nervous about having so many people there, but it turned out to be a great party and I think everyone had fun. I know Rebecca did, which is the most important thing anyway.


We played "Goliath's" animal guessing game (see Jojo's Circus to figure out who the characters are). We also watched a 15 minute clip of Jojo's Circus so the kids would know what Jojo's Circus is all about - plus it gave me time to set up and clean up the piggy banks!


We did cupcakes again instead of a cake because it is so much easier to hand out an individual cupcake and the kids seem more likely to actually eat them (from my experience). Here is Anson anticipating his cupcake!


These are some pictures of Rebecca opening her presents. The first one is with her friend Nathan, and the second one is with Lily and Emma. Nathan gave Rebecca a Barbie movie, bubbles, and a little blue fairy doll, and Lily and Emma gave her a pony. I took other pictures with someone else's camera, but I don't have access to those pictures right now. Suffice it to say that she got a lot of fun stuff.

We decorated piggy banks for one of the activities. Rebecca had broken one of Lily's on accident a while before, so she saved up her money to buy Lily a new one. I found a package of 16 for only $6 more than one would cost on another web site, so Rebecca paid me $5 and I bought the big package of pigs. It was a fun activity, but would have been a disaster if we had not had so many adults.

No comments: