Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Manning Family Christmas Party

Every year we have a party with Aaron's dad's side of the family. The last two years they have started assigning seats. They didn't do that before, so it seemed the families would congregate with their own families. Since the assigned seats, I have gotten to talk to a lot of people that I only briefly would talk to before. I hope it sticks as a new tradition!


This was too cute. I saw Anson over by the manger with baby Jesus in it before the party started. He approached tenatively at first, then picked up the baby and gave him a big hug. What a sweetheart!


We did a Nativity, and Rebecca was thrilled that I let her wear the white wings I've had up in my closet (even though Angels don't have wings). Anson had a cool Shepherd's crook, so I had to dress her costume up somehow!


Every year Aaron's uncle Steve tells a really cool story. This year it was a cowboy story, and Anson was enthralled. The whole time. Pretty surprising considering the story was probably 10-15 minutes long. Really tells you what kind of a storyteller he is, huh?


Katie and Daddy. Rebecca roping during the Cowboy Cousin song for talent time. Anson was busy riding a stick horse around the stage. He's definitely my little cowboy!

1 comment:

Keri said...

You have such a cute family! Thanks for finding our blog. It is always so fun to get to know people a little more that Mike grew up with.