Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Manning Family Restaurant


(Rebecca thought she was curtsying here.)


I found an old Family Fun Kit that I bought a few years ago on Monday morning, and thought it would be fun to use some of the stuff to have a family restaurant as part of our FHE activity. First, Becca and I made a hat to wear. Rebecca made a sign that said "Manning Family Restaurant". I cleaned off the chalkboard, and Aaron wrote the menu on it and we set it next to the entrance to the kitchen. I prepared most of the food, with a little help from Aaron. Rebecca and Anson mostly set the table by themselves. Aaron acted as host and sat us at the table, and I acted as the server and got everyone their food. We had a fun time pretending to be at a restaurant, and we even wrote on the tablecloth! It had fun games and ideas to talk about while you wait/eat. We played tic tac toe, drew faces, and told an add on story - where one person starts, and the next person adds on, and the next one adds on even more. The story that ended up being told was about a little girl whose mother died (Rebecca started this one!), but she had a rose from her mother. It went on from there. Check out the behind the scenes footage of the Manning Family Restaurant!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Ethan loved watching that video...he wants to make a restaurant at our house!

Johnson said...

How fun!!! I love your hat. I think we have to make a Restaurant at our house too.

Bryan Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryan Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryan Family said...

Your family is so cute. Congrats on the new edition. Keep in touch. My blog is http://phbryanfamily.blogspot.com/

Shalise said...

Your restaurant idea looks so fun...also it's crazy how much your house looks like mine. Wall color, blinds, granite, tile, cupboards all the same. Weird! Maybe we are secret twins.

Stephanie Abney said...

What a fun idea, Andrea. You are such a cute mom. It's hard to realize how big your kids are getting. They are all darling. Take care and keep up the fun stuff; makes for wonderful family memories.

Blessings,
Stephanie

SmileKatieLovesYou said...

That is a great Family Home Evening Activity. You re SO creative. I don't think I did something like that when I was little... I am going to have to recommend that to my mom.