This election is a very sad thing for me. I do not have a candidate for President of the United States that I feel will do the right thing on every issue for this WONDERFUL country. I just want everyone to know that I LOVE this country. I love the opportunity that it provides. I love the freedom that we enjoy. I love being responsible for myself and helping others because I want to and I can. I believe that America continues to shine as a beacon of freedom and hope for millions around the world. I also believe that it can all be changed.
The change has already started. People do not understand that the same opportunities that were there for their grandparents and parents still exist. It is there for the taking. Many in the rising generation have been on welfare too long to work hard to improve their lot in life. I have many hard feelings for Franklin D. Roosevelt for ever starting a welfare and Social Security System in the first place.
People do not love and fight for their country as they once did. The media and the politicians are on a continual pessimisstic streak about how terrible everything is. I admit that everthing is not perfect, but how can anything ever get better with everyone being down on it all the time? Change does not happen on its own. People have slowly allowed these and many other changes creep up on them.
With that said, I still love this country and believe that we can make it greater. We need less people on welfare and more people responsible for themselves. People should be allowed to help others on thier own instead of the government forcing them to help others (aka taxes and social programs). That is called SOCIALISM!!!! We need less taxes and more money in our pockets. More money in our pockets means more jobs for those currently on welfare that can work. Taxing the "rich" just means that less people will be employed because the "rich" won't be offering as many jobs - especially good paying ones!
I can go on and on, but I'll try to restrain myself. Since I cannot fully stand behind either candidate, I have to make a choice. I can either support John McCain who loves and has fought for our country, whose wife actively tries to help others and alleviate pain, has made tough decisions on many policies and stood behind them, and has the strength necessary to make sure that America stays strong militarily. Check out this link about John McCain's wife, Cindy, and her work to make life better for many people around the world.
http://www.johnmccain.com/about/Cindy.htm
My other choice is Barack Obama. This socialist/marxist does not even like our country, wants the government to run as much as possible, and wants to raise taxes. I believe that we will rue the day we ever heard of Barack Obama if he is elected. Check out this link to see more about Barack Obama.
http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036
My choice is actually very easy. I vote for America. I vote for John McCain.
I Do Now
1 week ago
