Friday, January 30, 2009

Neices and Nephews are Wonderful!

This is Lily. She is my oldest neice and she just turned 7 years old. She is in first grade and probably the best reader ever (surely not partial because she's my niece?!?). She read out of the scriptures to us during the middle of January, and you would seriously think that she must be at least 9 or 10 years old with her fluency. She didn't really trip up, have to sound out much, and it was so fluid! She loves to read and she loves anything pink or purple (I think she still does at least!). She likes to have fun and be in the middle of the action. She always has a story to tell. She also collects beanie babies. We're so glad she's our neice!
This is Emma. She is the next oldest neice. She is also Lily's sister. Emma was born just under a month after I married Aaron. So she is the first neice I remember being born. Emma started crawling really early. Like 4 months I think. Emma is very caring and a pleasure to be around. She gets along really well with Rebecca. I think she gets along with almost any other kid too. Emma also loves pink and purple and I'm sure she will be a great reader like her sister in the not too distant future. She plays the piano, and even makes up her own songs on occassion. Emma is helpful and sweet. We're so glad she is our neice!
This is Tate. He is my first nephew. He was born 1 month and 1 day after Rebecca. Tate is quite adventuresome and likes to learn new things. I think one of his favorite subjects is and will continue to be Science. He loves to know about things and how things work. Tate is also a flirt. He is always telling girls (even Aunts!) that they are pretty. He wants to know who he is going to marry now, and really can't wait until he is older. Its going to be a long 18 years for him! Tate is good at crafts and I hear he is good at the Wii too. We are so glad he is our nephew!
This is Alana. She is my first neice on my side of the family. She is 4 1/2 months younger than Rebecca. Alana has a beautiful singing voice. She recorded a song with her dad on a cd for my mom for Christmas. It was the song from Polar Express. She did a great job! Alana likes princesses and dressing up. She has beautiful naturally curly hair which she just recently cut short. She loves her new brother Brigham and makes sure he always has toys (at least when I am around!). Alana can sometimes be feisty, and sometimes just darn cute and lovable. We are so glad Alana is our neice!

This is Peter. He is 5 months older than Anson. Peter is a boy after Anson's own heart. Peter LOVES superheroes, and tools, and cars, and ... you get the idea. He is a BOY. Peter is really cute when you ask him a question and he answers "yeah!". He kind of dips the word and it starts low and goes up then down again. Not sure if that makes sense, but if you hear it you will know what I am talking about. It is so cute! Peter was brave enough to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" at our Christmas program. He and Anson are best friends. We are so glad Peter is our nephew!

This is Brigham. He is actually almost 1 now, but I don't seem to have any recent pictures! I better bring my camera with me next time and snap a few! Brigham is 3 days older than Katie. He was an early crawler and walker. He was crawling at just before 6 months and walking at 9 months (I think). Brigham is good natured and seems to just take things in stride. He hurt his face pretty bad when I was at his house, and he barely cried at all! He was over it so quick. We are so glad he is our nephew!

This is Benjamin. He is just less than 1 month younger than Katie. Benjamin is already walking too. Benjamin also seems pretty good natured. He just started drinking from a bottle and seems to be doing pretty good. We are so glad Benjamin is our nephew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally see the resmblance to your kids in the pictures of your nices and nephews. Deffinatly family!

Emily said...

I too love my nieces and nephews. They are wonderful, almost as fun as my own!!

Anonymous said...

They're all so cute! I'm sure you're their favorite Aunt:) I adore my neices and nephews too!