Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No pictures - and a very frustrating experience

So I have a lot of stuff to blog about - Aaron's Birthday, Katie's 1st Birthday, Aaron's 1/2 Marathon, getting my nails done really fancy for Valentine's Day, etc. - and I haven't posted anything because I'm too lazy to download my pictures! I'm such a putz.

Anyway, the really annoying thing going on in my life is dealing with Compass Bank and our Gap Insurance company. When our car was totalled in November, our Insurance company, Allstate, paid their portion of the $ right away to Compass Bank.

It took a little while, but the Gap Insurance company sent the paperwork to fill out while Aaron was gone on his trip to Central America. As soon as he got home, I asked him to sign the form and fax it to Compass Bank (they were supposed to fill it out and send it back to the Insurance Co.). He ended up faxing it right back to the Gap Insurance, which we didn't find out until close to the end of January!

So I quickly faxed it to the right number. I called frequently, and could never get through. I waited on the line for 3 hours one day! It would automatically cut me off after 1 hour, so I kept calling back. Finally I was able to leave a message and the next day someone called me back.

She assured me she would put the form on the desk of the person to fill it out and make sure it was done. So 5 days later when I call back - nothing has been done! It finally got filled out and sent in at the end of last week.

But the didn't send a copy of the check for the maintenance plan refund (I asked them to do that too)! So I called again today, and they said that they have the funds, but the electronic copy of the check has not been entered yet, so they can't send that. I was PRETTY UPSET to say the least! He said he would send what he had though, so hopefully the Gap Insurance company will accept that.

You would think the bank would like to get their $ or something! In the meantime, I have to keep paying so my credit doesn't get destroyed! They contact the credit bureau after a payment is 30 days late. I'm REALLY hoping this gets resolved before the beginning of March so I don't have to pay for February for a car that I don't even have!!!

OK. Enough venting for today. Have a nice day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok aside from your frustrations on this with Gap I've got to laugh because I couldn't picture you saying putz. so LOL. ok back to business. Don't worry I've heard of much worse instances about GAP not paying...like 10 months before someone finally took their totaled car in for a trade because they paid on it that long, and they were without a drivable car that whole time. 10 months can you imagine? Keep bugging them, the persistence should hopefully pay off. And hoping it's pronto!

Andrea M. said...

My dad says putz all the time. It just came to my mind when I was writing!

And the crazy thing is that its not even the Gap insurance that is giving me the problems. Its my bank! I'm seriously never banking with Compass after this. They have way too many departments that apparently can't communicate with each other or answer the phone. Very ridiculous.

Emily said...

I WAS a customer of compass bank. Won't ever do that again. I was not impressed at all! NOthing but problems. Good luck with it!!

Matt and Stephanie said...

I also had compass bank, I dont even want to tell you the nightmares we had with them. When everything is straightened out, you should switch banks.