Katie, on the other hand, didn't like being in the leaves so much. She was pretty much crying whenever I put her in the leaves. She was ok with touching them herself with her hands or just watching though.
We wish it would cool down again - at least a little! Its been pretty hot around here lately. Our ward started an exercise class yesterday. I went and had a great time! My abs and legs are definitely feeling it today! Thanks Glenna (the teacher in our ward)! I'm excited for it again tomorrow!
In other exciting news, I've been teaching Rebecca and 2 of the kids from her old preschool class reading, writing and math the last 2 weeks. Rebecca's teacher had to take care of some personal health issues, so she had to discontinue preschool for the rest of the year.
Rebecca and Hayley are both cruising through the 1st workbook and books in Hooked on Phonics. They're really good at the -at, -an, and -ap words so far. Tomorrow we're working on -ag words. Ethan is making sure he knows his sounds. He is pretty good at reading the -at words. Practice makes Perfect!
We're working on forming our letters by starting at 2 on the clock and going up and around the clock. Anyone that went to Franklin will know exactly what I'm talking about! We've also done "p" and "q" which is where Miss Kristen left off with the kids.
In math, we're working on addition and patterns. We use counters (like little teddy bear counters) so far to do the math facts. I have done both story problems and shown them cards with a math problem (like 3+4=) on it for them to solve. We've done clapping patterns (like clap, pat knees, pat floor, clap, pat knees, pat floor, etc.), and formed patterns out of blocks. We're really good at ab patterns.

1 comment:
I just reviewed all the letters with Hayden, I figured I bought the workbooks, might as well make sure all the pages get done, So we are just now getting to P today. The math I'm having a hard time figuring out how to teach him. It takes a while for it to click, and we count with hot wheels, so at least it's not entirely boring. He's putting words together too, it's so exciting! The hard part is the social side, I think he relied heavily on seeing other kids do the work, cuz it's a fight most days. Do you have some of the same teaching material as Kristen?
Post a Comment