Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Headaches

I have been dealing with excruciatingly painful headaches for the past month and a half. Every single day I would have one, and could barely function or drive. I probably shouldn't have been driving, come to think of it! So I started trying everything I could think of to get them to go away. I'm still in the process of working on it, but I've already found a few things that are helping.

#1 - Jaw problems - I have found out (by going to my Primary Care Dr.), that I have been clenching my jaw. I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but as soon as he said that, I realized that my jaw HAS been hurting really badly for a while. Its pretty crazy to think that I didn't even realize I was doing it! So I've been trying really hard to release it and not hold it so tight. Maybe comes from stress? Maybe just habit? Not really sure, but it sure is hard to stop!

#2 - Tylenol - This only works when I am working on not clenching my jaw. Before I stopped clenching, the tylenol didn't do a thing for me. Advil has always worked better for me, but I can't have it while I'm pregnant.

#3 - Eye problems - Apparently one of my eyes is near sighted, and the other is far sighted. So you might be seeing me around with glasses in the not too distant future. My left eye is pretty weak, so the Dr. thinks it might be a few days until that eye adjusts to the glasses.

#4 - Myopractor - Aaron's family always goes to the Myopractor when they don't feel well. He is kind of like a Chiropractor, but is not covered by insurance and works more with your muscles instead of bones. At least that is how I understand it. In any case, I am trying it. Anything to help right now!

#5 - Neurologist - Not sure if I actually need this one. At the moment I have an appointment scheduled for next Wednesday. I'm not sure if I'll keep it yet as the other things seem to be helping.

Thats it for now. Not sure what else I should try. Maybe I'll just give this some more time to have its effect. I sure can't wait to be feeling better! Its already been SO much better this past week (excepting yesterday).

No comments: