Friday night's date was pretty fun. Texas Roadhouse was delicious - though I'm not sure if I finished even half of my food! The play started out a little rocky for me. April Ann and her brother and sisters had never seen a man before, and they suddenly see 2 on the same day. Needless to say they are all pretty awkward and hickish during the first half. The second half of the play had more of a story, more tension, and more of a cute love story, so by the end I felt it was a worthwhile evening. I probably wouldn't see the play again, but I did enjoy it.
Aaron and Rebecca had a great time at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on Saturday night. I curled Rebecca's hair, she wore her necklace she got at the Dentist, and she wore her black dress with sparkles and a bow. She looked so cute and was so excited to go with daddy. She bought ice cream for Aaron and herself (she insisted!) at McDonalds before the play, and Aaron bought her a kid's snack pack during intermission. The only disappointment was that Ethan and Tyler were gone by the time she got back so she felt like she missed out on playtime with friends. We'll have to have them over to play again soon!
Father's Day was a great day.
Highlight #1: I made blender waffles w/ ice cream, scrambled eggs, sausage, and orange juice for breakfast. Surprisingly, everything got done at the same time so we were able to take a nice hot plate of food to Aaron for breakfast. Doesn't usually happen that way, does it? I'm not a big fan of hot breakfasts, but Aaron loves it. I've learned how to make eggs just for him. Now thats true love right there, isn't it?
Highlight #2: Aaron had to go on his "treasure hunts" to find his Father's Day gifts from the kids. They each made Aaron a "Daddy's Helper" card and did 4 little things for him - like give him a hug, a kiss, sing a song, give a foot massage, etc. Even Anson sang his song.
Highlight #3: Chicken Salad Pitas. I got a recipe off of Allrecipes.com for a chicken salad. Its not a creamy one at all. It just has a bunch of vegetables and chicken mixed together, then you are supposed to put an oriental dressing on it and serve it in pitas or over a bed of lettuce. I put the dressing on it, but it was a bit spicy, so next time I think we'll just use ranch!
26-33 weeks
10 years ago

1 comment:
Andrea! Your family is adorable! Great job on the fundraiser! I've done fundraising before--it's a beast, but you feel so good once you've met your goal!
Post a Comment