Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dinner/Auction Results!

Wow, its really been a long time since I have written anything. Just FYI, the dinner/auction was a HUGE success! Thank you, thank you to everyone that helped out in any way or that came to the event. Our goal was $5800 - 1 month's worth of medicine for Aaron's mother. We ended up making over $7000!

This event is really the main reason I haven't done any blogging. I was so busy with it! I really didn't know how much work goes into something like this. Aaron and I spent over 40 hours gathering donations. We had somewhere between 120 -150 items at the auction, most of which Aaron and I pounded the streets for ourselves. I was REALLY terrified to ask for donations at first, but by the end it was kind of fun. We dedicated quite a few date nights and Saturdays to getting donations, and luckily it was worth it! It would have been nice to have had more help getting the donations though.

The week before the auction, I stayed up from 9:00 PM - between 1:00AM and 3:00 AM every night getting the auction ready. It was a huge job! I had to redo the bid sheets after they were all done because we decided to change how the bidding took place, so that took up a lot of time.

Plus, I had to take care of 3 children in the middle of all this! Plus being pregnant, and you have a not-so-happy camper. Its times like this that I am really grateful that my kids like to watch movies. Usually I don't appreciate that fact. I don't let them do it much normally, but lets just say that they saw WAY more than they should have that week!

Needless to say, I was already exhausted when it was actually time for the dinner/auction! I didn't have anywhere near enough help at the event, so I seriously felt insane that night. Thank goodness for my sister-in-law Maria who helped me with everything. She even got her in-laws to help! I couldn't have survived the night without her help. I'm sure her in-laws think I'm a crazy person though!

I'm really glad it is over (though I have learned a ton of things to do next time - if there is a next time)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a lot of work! That was so nice of you to plan that for her:)